Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pocket Dress

I love pockets! I once saw a wedding dress on television with hidden side pockets and wished I had seen something like that in time for my own wedding. I think it's because I never know quite what to do with my hands and they always tend gravitate towards pockets (my own, of course). I'm quite proud of this dress which was created by only loosely following the guidelines for the cotton tunic.

I added pockets, long sleeves, darts, and a zipper in the back which weren't in the original instructions. I bought the fabric at a 40% discount sale during Fabricland's 43rd birthday celebration and promptly got started on the dress right after I finished my cotton one. The fabric was more difficult to work with than I had expected because there was absolutely no stretch to it. Consequently I had to put in the darts and invisible zipper so I could easily get into and out of the dress without needing to call for help (which I did the first time!).

No comments:

Post a Comment