Thursday, April 18, 2013

Delightful Dinos #2: Monty



My parents came by to visit on Monday and that gave me just enough time to quickly sew together some legs for Monty the Bronte (pronounced "Bron-tee", heh heh).  I used the same fabric as the one for Spike's belly which is nice and colourful.  I had to hand-stitch the legs to the body again and opted not to use buttons for any detailing (choking hazards, as I mentioned in my earlier blog) but it really would have been nice to have pop-out eyes.  Since the polka dot fabric is so busy, the grey thread I used to embroider Monty's eyes just doesn't stand out enough.  Perhaps I should have gone darker, like black.  Oh well.  Grey eyes, just like Adam's.

I continued work on Monty in the evening after Adam went to bed and just as I was about to sew up the last seam on Monty's belly I remembered that I had initially planned to put a bell inside.  But where the heck was I going to find  a bell at 9:45pm?  Forget it, I was tired and my fingers were sore from hand-stitching and I was just sooo close to being finished. Well, with 10 extra stitches I was.  And I'm happy with it.


Whoops, wasn't careful and got the seams on crooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment