Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Boxing Day Shirt


I managed to find some time over the Christmas holidays amidst the food and festivities to return to my Singer for a cute little project. On Boxing Day I happily spent the day in my pyjamas at home coming up with the design for this new top. 

Because I had no plans to leave the condo I rummaged around for random pieces of fabric and notions and rediscovered some green and red binding in my sewing box. I spent a few hours hand-stitching the roses and flower stems on the front and back of this top, then assembled the two halves using the Singer. After trying on the top I decided it looked a bit too boxy for my liking so I added white ribbon all the way around the upper portion to break up the blank space. Next came a few red buttons for detail and red binding to tie up the back. Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment