Sunday, October 09, 2011

Sara's Felt Mobile

I just completed a felt mobile for some friends who are expecting their second baby at the end of the month.  I think that they are going to name the baby Sara so hopefully it is in fact a girl and I don't have to rush to change out the huge 'S' at the last minute!

I saw some really adorable felt mobiles just searching through Google images and replicated the elephant, giraffe, and owl from similar ones online.  The hippo and turtle were creations of my own and arguably less cute.  Well...ok, maybe not the turtle, that guy is pretty darn cute.

A friend at work used the machine shop to help me drill holes into the 'S' because I wasn't too confident I could keep a hand-drill steady enough to go through the centre of the letter (where the blue rod is inserted).  I should have waited until the wood pieces were all assembled before painting them but I thought I would be *smart* and paint each piece separately to keep things clean.  Instead I ended up putting on enough coats of paint that the rods couldn't fit properly into the holes anymore!  Anyway after more trouble than was necessary, I got everything assembled and managed to deliver the gift in one piece with minimal tangling!



No comments:

Post a Comment