Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome Adam!


Little Adam arrived two weeks early weighing in at a very healthy 7lbs 2oz and has been the love of our lives for the past seven days. 

"Mommy has no idea I'm sticking my tongue out at her!"
I'm not going to go into the gory details of the labour or the first week of recovery - and yes, I'm standing to write this post - but let me at least bring attention to a few "facts" (myths?) you might learn about in your prenatal class:
1.  First-time pregnancies usually go past the 40-week due date.

2.  Chances are, your water won't break before contractions begin.  If it does, it will be more of a slow trickle than a gush like the movies.

3.  For your first baby it will be a long labour so the doctor doesn't need to check up on you as often.

4.  Epidurals are an effective way to alleviate pain.

Okay fine, so these things *are* probably true for the majority of women. I guess it just turns out that I'm not like the majority of women!  Fortunately none of that matters now when my husband and I can hold our baby and know he is the sweetest thing in the world.

"Who stole all my clothes?"



1 comment:

  1. WOW!! So wonderful! He is sooooooooooo cute!! :)
    Congratulations! :)

    Can't to see and hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete