Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Simple Curtains

Wow, it's been over a month since my last post. I'm falling behind! But then again there isn't a whole lot to update about, at least not in the area of sewing anyway.  I've been too absorbed with Adam (as I should be) who is thriving and smiling more each day.
I did finally finish a very simple curtain for the nursery which I mostly completed over the Christmas holidays. The only thing that had been missing was the gathering tape and hooks which we forgot to pick up originally.  Then Adam came early and everything was on hold including simple 10-minute tasks such as sewing two straight lines to attach gathering tape to a curtain!



Anyway the curtain finally went up two weeks ago and here is a photo of what it looks like with the sun shining through.  It goes well with the "Retro-Fit" nursing chair as well!  The nursery still isn't fully decorated yet but Mike is in the process of putting up bookshelves and I am getting some photos framed.  Clearly we are taking our time :)

And yes, it's the same cheery and playful fabric I used for Adam's chenille blanket which makes a great backdrop for all of Adam's funny martial arts poses!


No comments:

Post a Comment