Sunday, April 27, 2014

Fabric for the Boy


Last week I made a trip down to the workroom to pick up a few new fabric pieces.  I have a handful more baby projects in mind but most are for boys and my collection of fabric scraps at home are better suited for girls.
I came across a Robert Kaufman cotton that I think is beautiful yet masculine.  I'll be using it to make a tie for Mike but I'm sure there will be extra fabric leftover for some of my baby projects.


This one caught my attention because of the "ROCKETS!" headline right beside "Moon Shoes $1.98".  Had to do it.


Stars stars stars.  I like this one too...and actually it's the same colour palette as the Rockets fabric so perhaps I can do some mix-and-matching there.


Finally a colourful assortment of gears.  Hmm.  Rockets...moon..stars...gears.  Perhaps subconsciously I'm compensating for leaving my day job??  Three more days to go!

2 comments:

  1. SO AWESOME!!!! That retro collection Karyn just got is amazing! I used a stars fabric for Lily's coat lining!!! let's sew together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely let's sew together soon. The Workroom's Leggings course was full by the time I inquired but there's nothing stopping the two of us from doing something low-key and impromptu :)

      Delete