Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hats Off to Twilltape

Tomorrow is my last day in the office and I had been waiting for my blue tuque baby labels to arrive in order to finish up the three baby gifts for my co-workers.  How disappointed was I when they hadn't come in by the weekend?? It meant leaving each project just a tad unfinished and pushing it to the very last minute.  Which of course, is exactly when twilltape came through for me.  I ordered my labels precisely two weeks ago and they arrived today, just in the nick of time.  I'm considering going with woven labels for any future business product but for now I just needed something with a quick (or maybe not-so-quick?) turnaround time and I like the fact that you can print any logo or font you want.  I'll keep looking at what's out there though.

Here's one of the hats I finished up tonight using the same newsboy  pattern as the one I created for Adam last year.  This one turned out better.  I think it might have to do with using the beautiful plaid wool which was left over from my cape project.




Splash of colour for the lining (or course)

And here is the other project from tonight - a cute and colourful summer bucket hat with yellow Velcro straps.





I'd love to write more but my brain is fried.  I'm still recovering from the 11 hours at work yesterday and the scrambling to finish up sewing projects tonight.  Time to catch some well-deserved rest, I'd say.

BTW Thanks Kelly for introducing me to twilltape.  You and I need to get together soon and do some serious sewing.  The Lola dress is at the top of my list and you can be sure it will involve a tonne of piping :)

1 comment:

  1. It really is great how quickly you can get the twilltape done. I have also reached the same conclusion that I'll get some woven ones made eventually. I've washed mine a few times and they are definitely fading.

    ReplyDelete