Thursday, May 08, 2014

Summer Stars Hat

Spring has finally arrived!  Going outdoors without a jacket? Now who thought the day would ever return.  

It was time to make Adam another summer hat.  I decided to use Riley Blake's star fabric on the outside and a complementary old-school comic book fabric as the lining.  Here's Adam modeling the hat in profile view.  No. Actually he heard Lulu (our neighbour's dog) barking and turned to look. Nonetheless it's a good shot of the hat's lining, trim, and of course, my new blue tuque baby logo.  Too bad I didn't have cream coloured binding instead of the Javex-bleach white binding on the edge.  Subtle difference but I see it.  Maybe once the hat gets a bit dirtier from the playground it'll all become the same.

Right, here's Adam pointing to Lulu just in case I didn't hear her at the fence (not really possible; she's a small dog with a big voice).


And here's a fairly good shot of the inner lining.  Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to take any dedicated photos of the hat itself since I already did in my last post.  I was amazed how much bigger this hat is compared to this one from last summer.  On a side note I am also amazed at how much drool continues to spill from Adam's lips like a faucet that has been dribbling for over a  year.  I recently had to whip up another handful of bibs so they aren't the limiting factor for when laundry has to get done.  Bandana bibs are our new best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment