Sunday, May 27, 2012

Targa 10

Yesterday was a great day for a bike ride and I got to try out my new Targa 10.  Actually it's not so much new as it's just new to me.  My brother finished the bike he's been putting together for me over the past two months.  He bought almost every part used, even the seat here which looks brand new to me.  The seat is nice and padded with a built-in light on the back.


Last year I had to borrow his red Serengeti when we went for a few bike rides and I found I had to lean way forward on it as if I were racing.  It was hard on the back and I had to ride standing up every so often just to stretch out my shoulders.

The Targa is really comfortable by comparison since the handlebars curve back and I can ride it sitting very upright.  What a difference!

The cork handlebars are really unique and add a nice touch to the look, as does the gold bell.  There's only a bit more work to do on the bike; a kickstand and an old basket that he's going to attach over the back wheel.  Really cool - I enjoyed riding it yesterday to the Doors Open events around the city.



No comments:

Post a Comment