Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Third Trimester...Sewing on Hold?


This week I begin my third trimester!  The baby is definitely active and I've been amused by the rolling motion that my belly occasionally takes on. In fact, last night I was lying on the couch reading with a book resting on my tummy but couldn't stay focused because every few minutes the pages of the book would flutter around as the baby moved.  I found it pretty funny.


My pregnancy is going well so far, nothing I can really complain about.   I started going to prenatal yoga classes at YogaSpace on Ossington near Dundas which is where my sister-in-law goes.  There's a regular Vinyasa class at the same time as my prenatal class on weekends so Mike can attend that with my brother while I'm in prenatal with my sister-in-law.  Works out pretty well.  I am experiencing some common discomforts but I know of many people who have had a much harder pregnancy so I'm mostly content. The more annoying symptoms are those related to the cold I've had for the past 2 1/2 weeks.  Being completely congested at night, and plagued by an insufferable cough, has made sleeping a struggle.  I have my fingers crossed that it's finally starting to turn around!

My sister-in-law had her baby shower last weekend and I brought the chenille blanket to the party.  Can you believe that I was able to find the absolute perfect gift bag to go along with the blanket? I mean seriously, I couldn't have asked for anything better...and even more incredible was that this bag was already lying around in my stash of gift-wrapping stuff.  Next time I tell myself I should really stop hoarding used ribbons, wrapping paper, gift bags, and the like, I will remind myself of this awesome find.  

Blue Butterfly Chenille Blanket
 


I am looking forward to sewing a similar chenille blanket for our little baby boy over the Christmas holidays.  After poring over the quilting fabrics at Fabricland (where I bought the blue butterfly) and deciding they were too girly (but beautiful) for this new project, I settled on a nice collection from a seller off of Etsy. Apparently this collection, called Peekaboo Partridge in Green by Thomas Knauer, was popular last year and the seller was having a huge sale last week to get rid of the remaining scraps.  That meant I couldn't get a full yard of any one of the fabrics I liked but managed to buy a combination of three from the collection to make up a full blanket.  I really like the avocado and canary yellow colours and think they'll be perfect for a baby boy (or girl, for that matter).  Every day I'm excited to see if they've arrived in the mail...it's been 7 days!

Unfortunately I won't be starting the blanket any time soon - I'm trying to stay focused (with much difficulty) on studying for the Professional Practice Exam for my P.Eng license (ugh, don't ask).  BUT...you can bet that at 5:01pm on December 8th, as I put down my pen and close my exam booklet, images of yellow partridges will be dancing through my head :)

Peekaboo Partridge
Nest Egg
Happy Scrolls

No comments:

Post a Comment