Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blue Owl Wrap: Part Two - Baby Carrier Blanket


It's day six of my cold and my voice is as hoarse as ever.  Not much relief on the coughing yet either.  No time for sulking though...it was back to work on the Blue Owl Wrap!  Today I added the finishing touches to make this stroller blanket compatible with my Beco Butterfly baby carrier.


This morning I created some simple tabs with snap buttons using the same fabric from the bottom edge.  These simply allow me to attach the blanket to the shoulder straps of my carrier.


Then I added a second drawstring horizontally across the blanket, just above where the shoulder zippers begin.  This was pretty easy to do since the blanket is already made with two layers (the minky and fleece) so I just sewed a track through both layers of fabric, cut a short slot into the minky layer, and threaded the shoelace.  No problem.  The drawstring wasn't absolutely necessary but it helps to keep the blanket snug around Adam.  Here's how it looks from the inside.




And finally the Velcro tabs were already there from yesterday so I just had to 'reconfigure' the bottom for baby carrying.


Honestly, the trickiest part of today was just getting a photo of the finished product with Adam in the carrier!  That guy sure is squirmy :D

2 comments:

  1. So great! I always said that I needed something like this when we were travelling all around the city in our beco. But then Lily got really mobile and we needed her in a full snowsuit to get out and in and out and in and out.... Well done! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I'm sad to be missing your farmhouse retreat weekend but it looks like you have a full house anyway....and full menu! The project ideas sound fun (yay ginormous infinity scarf) and hearing about your meal ideas makes my mouth water. Enjoy the company, the food, and the sewing!

    ReplyDelete