Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Beaded Grey Top

Okay, it's time to post this top I made several weeks ago but never got around to taking photos of...at least not until last Friday when I posed for this silly photo with my good friend Brigitte.

Mmmm apple pie!


The top was made using the same pattern from my Scottish Piping dress, only I chose to cut off the pattern just below the waist and flared out the panels for a looser fit along the bottom.  I was excited to try out the puff sleeves for the first time (there hadn't been enough wool to add sleeves to that dress).

I hand-stitched small black tube beads and sequins to create floral detailing along the neckline of the top.  I didn't bother taking any close-up shots though...I already posted some good pics of similar beadwork on the Easter Weekend shirt I made my mom last weekend.

Mike did however snap one more photo for me at the end of "Pie" day just before I crawled into my comfy pajamas and cheered for the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment