Monday, April 30, 2012

Home Sweet Home

It's only been two days but we are quickly settling in.  We've had to make a few trips to Canadian Tire to buy things only to return them later the same day.  I also froze the first evening after going to bed, not realizing how much the temperature was going to drop overnight with the pre-programmed thermostat.  Aside from those small things we're both really loving our new home.

Here's what our living room looks like at the moment. It's mostly unpacked except for the books (first to be packed, last to be unpacked?).  The room will be brighter once those are lining the shelves.  We are thinking of changing the coffee table to something lighter as well since the space is small and there is already a lot of dark furniture.  I'm using the magazine rack temporarily as an end table until we make it out to a furniture store.


Here's Mike doing the dishes in our new kitchen. I love the kitchen. It has more storage than I'll probably ever need, and when I cook in it I can see the light from three different windows.  Definitely a major improvement over the condo.


Finally here's a photo of me enjoying the fact that I can belt out some tunes on the guitar and not feel self-conscious that my neighbours can hear me from the hall.  Did I mention that our new next-door neighbour is a young female musician who has been touring the US and Europe?  I can't hear her so she definitely shouldn't be able to hear me!

2 comments:

  1. The new place looks amazing! I love how you set up that corner.. and it looks all neat and organized. Creates the illusion that you already unpacked everything :)
    And all the storage you have in the kitchen will be full before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! congrats on moving in! it looks great. I want to see more! Let us know when you're accepting visitors!

    ReplyDelete