Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Corso Italia

Tomorrow is the big day when Mike and I become intimately familiar with scary words like "mortgage", and "downpayment", and "home-owners".  That's right, tomorrow we take possession of our first house in Corso Italia, near Dufferin and St. Clair!  We're both very excited. Oh, and on top of that it's Mike's birthday.  I think it's safe to say it will be the most expensive birthday either of us will ever have.

Our offer on the house got accepted in early March after several months of looking through the late fall and winter.  We took our time looking for just the right place since we are currently renting and aren't under the pressure to coordinate buying and selling a house at the same time.  I wanted to post some photos of the place but think it's important to clarify that these came from the feature sheet when the house was completely staged. I'll update photos of the place when we make it our own.  I was relieved though that when I visited the house last week and it was empty of all the beautiful rented furniture it still felt like home.

Living Room
Dining Room
Kitchen
 The house is a semi-detached from the 1930's which has been renovated on the first and second floors with a basement that is finished but not newly renovated.  There's a detached garage in the back that is accessed through a shared laneway and as you can imagine, being a house right in the city of Toronto, there isn't much in the way of greenery out back.  There does appear to be a strip of garden beside the grass though, so it will be interesting to see what the previous owners planted in the front and back yards.  I'm sure my mother and mother-in-law are anxious to get their green thumbs busy with this new project :)  Mike and I would be grateful for the help!

Master Bedroom
Office (and my new sewing studio?)
Move-day is on Saturday - I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

  1. Omg!!! Congrats!!! So close to us! The house looks beautiful! And happy birthday, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this means we definitely have to schedule some craft/sewing dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations guys! I'm sure the house will look even better once you have all your own furniture there (and get rid of all the boxes) :)
    Happy birthday to Mike! Seems like something exciting happens on this day every year..I wonder what's in store for the next!

    ReplyDelete