Sunday, May 19, 2013

Factory Worker or Train Conductor?

Mike and I had a great time last night at the wedding in Barrie.  Wow, to dress up and have a fancy dinner out together...what a treat!  Adam was with us for the ceremony at the church but then my parents took him for the evening.  He did about as well as I could have expected during the day - pooped before we headed out of the house, napped well on the drive up, fed contently in the backseat before going into the church.  He didn't even pull too much at the bow tie I sewed onto his onesie :)  Oh yes, did I even remember to mention in my last post that I added herringbone suspenders and a plaid bow tie to go along with his newsboy cap?




Unfortunately during the ceremony he wasn't content to just sit around.  I spent most of the time holding him upright and pacing or swaying near the back where Adam could stare out a window or be mesmerized by a candle.  Two other young fathers were having about as much luck with an 8-month old daughter and what looked to be a 3-month old baby girl.  Gratefully there was a nursery just around the corner from the area where the ceremony was being held and I was able to slip back there to nurse Adam (in an actual glider chair!) when he was over-tired.

Adam got plenty of compliments on his outfit which I of course beamed about. Everyone loved his hat.  He was adorable in it along with the matching suspenders. I thought he looked sort of like a train conductor...or maybe a backup washboard player for The Lumineers.  My parents got a real kick out of it when they saw him and said he looked like a factory worker.  Our little Adam...off to work so soon? Oh how the months fly by.


Bleary-eyed from the car ride
On the dance floor at the reception

No comments:

Post a Comment