Wednesday, December 19, 2012

All My Bags Are Packed...I'm Ready To Go??

36 weeks

The answer to that question is No.  Today I received my weekly BabyCentre email with the following greeting:

"Congratulations! By the end of this week, your pregnancy will have come full term - meaning your baby can be born any day now!"

Now wait just a minute, that wasn't the deal.  The deal was a January baby. I'm even including a two-week buffer around our January 15th due date which makes any time in January fair game but then let's be reasonable, folks.

I've been looking forward to finishing work this Friday and having a solid 10 days of rest before the baby *might* arrive.  Our company gets a Christmas shutdown so everyone is already in holiday mode.  The only difference is my holiday will extend into my maternity leave - how awesome is that?  I know many women work right up to their due date but I just have no intention of being caught on my regular 45-60min commute along the 401 when the baby decides he wants to make an appearance.  And besides, this is the time for sewing!
Check out that belly!

That's not to say we're aren't both very excited for the big day, especially after so much baby talk at our marathon prenatal classes this past weekend.  It's just that I'm still very much enjoying pregnancy - all the kicking and hiccupping - even as the belly continues to grow out of control and things have become pretty uncomfortable.  Besides, the baby deserves to have some separation between the holidays and his birthday.  Boo to combination Christmas-Birthday gifts!

Anyway at the very least I packed a hospital bag last night with things for Baby and me.  And yes, looking at the teenie tiny onesie and newborn diaper did put a big smile on my face.



No comments:

Post a Comment