Saturday, December 29, 2012

Baby Shower Quilt from Kelly


Our friend Kelly sewed an absolutely gorgeous baby quilt for us that I have been meaning to take photos of these past 3 weeks and I finally got around to doing so this weekend.  Check out the adorable cows on one side of the quilt!  I am always impressed with the top-stitching that she does herself.  I've never tried anything like that and I imagine it would be a real challenge to keep the squiggles well-spaced throughout the blanket. I'm sure if I gave it a try, it would start off detailed and clustered in one corner and then get more and more sparse further out as I became progressively more lazy!



I've always liked the colour combination of tea green and soft pink, and what do you know? Those are the colours Kelly happened to have on the reverse side of this quilt!    


Anyway I just thought this was an amazing gift and wanted to thank Kelly once again for all the effort she must have put into it.  This baby is so lucky!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! thanks for the shout-out! I've held onto this quilt for a while and could think of no better person to give it to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking a nice waterfall shower before going to bed has become a habit for a lot of people. It makes us feel nice and clean, helps us relax, and puts us in a good mood for sleep. For some people though, nighttime showers may be the cause of nasty pimple breakouts.

    ReplyDelete